Tuesday 14 June 2011

Favourite Word #2: Shenandoah

A beautiful word for a river and valley in Virginia; from the Oneida (Iroquois) word for 'deer'.  

In between working on illustrations, I run.  In between illustrating and running, I go for coffee with pals.  (I hate coffee, but I love my pals).  I've just signed up for the Niagara Running Series' Run for the Grapes Half Marathon in September, a picturesque, smooth run through wine country.  Dare I sign up for a full marathon?  The Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon in November has my eye; it's scenic and fast, including a run down the Red Hill Expressway on the Niagara Escarpment.  Am I brave enough?

Working on an illustration for 'Cook and Draw' a website where you can submit illustrated recipes; a great visual and culinary resource!  Yum.






No comments:

Post a Comment